Friday, January 12, 2007

My Baby Girl

I write because my heart is broken. My dog Patches unexpectedly died in her sleep yesterday. I have never had a pet die before, and it is so heart-wrenching. I had her for almost 13 years, and she was my heart and soul in so many ways. I went through a divorce many years ago - she was my support, my companion, my crying buddy, my best friend. . . I can't believe she is really gone. My heart and my house feel so empty. My husband has been wonderfully supportive, but I hurt so much. She was my child; she was my baby girl.

We had her cremated. I couldn't stick her in the ground. I was afraid something might dig her up; I couldn't go through it twice. I really just can't get my mind around the fact she is really gone. She has been such an integral part of my life for so long. My baby girl was a beautiful soul, and she will be missed.

I love you, Patches, and I will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home